Monday, December 13, 2010

Neat-o Crafting

***
To make myself look even more like an old cat lady I have started knitting again. I don't think knitting should sound dull and boring at all though. I think it's basically the cheesy books and dull yarn colours that have given this awesome craft a bad name. Especially the dull colours are a pain in the ass for me, as I absolutely love bright and sparkly colours. Everything can be found on the internet nowadays though so I went for a colourful-and sparlky-yarn' hunt. SUCCES at the website of Ice Yarns. I want all of these...


Problem is that you have to order most of them in batches of 6 or 8. I only want 2 of each! I might still order some though as they are incredibly pretty.

Other exciting news: yesterday I got a sewing lesson from my mum! It went really great (even though her sewing machine is ancient) and I made an awesome skirt. I've been wanting to try it for years and yesterday we finally decided it was time. I'm so excited about it! Now I'm way more confident to use it more often and make all kinds of awesome stuff. I'll try to upload a picture of the skirt sometime soon...

Because I'm spending so much time crafting now, I found out why still so many people think of it as something dull and only old and boring ladies do. So many of the guides/pictures/patterns etc. all look so dull to me. If it wasn't for my mum who learned me different stitches and knitting and such I probably never would've gotten into it. I feel like it is my duty to make crafting neat again. Maybe I want to start on a guide, with illustrations and such, or pictures of 'badass' people who also enjoy crafting. I have so many ideas going on that it's hard keeping track of them! But I am positive and very motivated to actually do something with it.

Also, when thinking about my future, an idea I had put far away in a corner of my mind suddenly popped up again. For years people have been telling me that the thing they could see me doing was becoming a tattoo artist (while I don't even have a tattoo!). I always smile broadly and get really excited when someone says that to me. I know it's hard to get into that world. Ideally you get to work in a tattoo studio and gradually learn more about techniques and the whole world around tattooing, but it aint easy to 'just do that'.  But think about it, wouldn't something like that be incredibly awesome? There are schools now, with 2 or 4 or 6 week courses to learn everything you need to know. The more I think about it, the more excited I get. Someone even already offered to be my human canvas when I decide to give it a shot lol.


Wow. Big-ass post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment