Tuesday, February 22, 2011

***
The Bright Eyes concert last night was magical. I had been waiting to see them live for such a long time, so seeing Conor Oberst standing right in front of me was pretty unreal. When I got to the venue the line outside was fairly short, but shortly after it lasted 'till around the corner! It was my first time at this venue, too, and it's so beautiful! It's an old church and the windows and acoustics are beautiful.
I wasn't really impressed by the supporting act, but maybe that was because I was only waiting impatiently for Bright Eyes to come on. Then finally they were there. I think Conor got more and more drunk/tipsy as the show progressed but it didn't really bother me. I don't think I've ever seen a show more real and pure. The most magical moment for me was when he started playing Poison Oak. Everyone was quiet. I had never experienced this before. So beautiful that half way through I had to wipe away a tiny tear :')
 
They're coming here again in July so I really hope I'll be able to go then too. Don't really know what else to say. I'm still amazed. I think I'm going to frame my ticket tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment