Friday, September 6, 2013

Cardboard Cats and the Cutest Cookies.

Hi guys! School has started again and omg, it's harder on my than I thought it would be. With preperations for the possible exchange going on it's hard to focus on another 3/4 months of assignments. And my confidence in my illustrative abilities also dropped down to near zero. All in all, this week has been kinda heavy on me, but luckily there were also plenty of things to keep me positive, which I will share with you right now!

This picture of my friend and I at Lowlands makes me smile! Giant cats made out of cardboard? Ummm yesplz!
My  other friend (who's name coincidentally is Sarah as well!) went to England in the summer and gave me some of these goodies! Omnomnom! I think Jammie Dodgers are some of the cutest cookies ever, especially when they're MINI SIZED! And they're delicious too. And isn't that tea packaging the cutest?
I got some super sweet mail from a reader from Russia the other day! She basically included everything I love : tea, Halloween, cats, Hello Kitty, foreign tickets and coins. Thank you so much! A reply is on its way c:
A random picture I took of my desk the other day while decorating my new depressingly black sketchbook with gems and stickers. Much better.
I'm the absolute worst at shopping for bags/purses. I don't like about 80% of all bags out there. I don't know why. And when I do find one I like, it's usually too obnoxious to use on a daily basis, so then I end up using cheap old tote bags with holes in it (to great dismay of my mom..) BUT, I really needed a new backpack for school, and after browsing the interwebs for weeks on end I decided on this one.
It has Hello Kitty on it (with a pink bow!), it's by Vans and I had a discount coupon for it so I was like 'whatever!' and ordered it. It also came with a cute little coin purse. It can easily hold all of my stuff and in the end I'm really glad I got it!

I do have to admit that sometimes I feel a little ridiculous when I get another Hello Kitty item (and this time was no exception) but she just makes me so happy. No matter how down I feel, she will always cheer me up and I think it's amazing that such a simple character can has such a powerful, positive effect on me! So I'm just gonna keep buying Hello Kitty stuff and live happily ever after n.n

Finally, I wanted to share this beautiful quote:
"One of my philosophy professors lectured wildly about love once, yelling: “When you’re in love with someone, that person is the lighthouse of your universe.” (I scrawled it inside Science and Poetry in pencil—lighthouse of your universe—as if I would ever forget that phrase.) He was a delightful caricature of his position. I could swear he literally tore his hair out while howling at us. He went on, “Nothing means as much without that person.” One of the men in the class repeated, incredulous, half-laughing, “So you’re saying you can’t enjoy, like, a vacation, without someone if you’re really in love with them?” “Of course not.” the professor replied. “Not completely. You recognize beauty, but beauty means less if they don’t witness it with you. Beauty is less. You see something sublime and your first thought is that they should be there with you. It’s not as good without them. They illuminate. They make everything more." 
— [via nightmarebrunette.wordpress.com]

Thank you so much for reading my blog. It just wouldn't be the same without your sweet messages 

No comments:

Post a Comment