Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Art Post: Bioshock Tattoo

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm currently working on a Bioshock tattoo design. My boyfriend is a huge fan of the game and wants to get a full sleeve, so he challenged me to come up with a design! I have no idea if it's going to work out since I'm not very experienced when it comes to tattoo design, but it gives me a nice project to work on and also gives me a good reason to dive into this game and get to know its fascinating story, characters and artwork!

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I thought it would be nice to show you guys a bit of my process so far since it's been a while since I did art posts like this.
Moodboard
This is a statue from the Songbird. I helped my boyfriend get it as a graduation gift as he'd been obsessing over it for weeks. Especially after we randomly stumbled across TWO of them at a videogame store (they're pretty hard to get by at a reasonable price)! It's really cool and really well made. I hope we can start an awesome collection of figures like this!
I'm trying to read up on it as much as I can (since I'm not a gamer playing the game would take me forever), so I also started reading the book
Always with a nice cup of tea of course :)
The first stage is just a lot of research and sketching, getting familair with the characters and various objects from the game and getting to know their meaning. 
It's a lot of fun to me because everything is so creative and interesting and I keep finding out new things!
Listening to the soundtrack for more inspiration :) and cool artwork on the side of the statue's box.
This is a sketch of what I'd like the top half to look like, but I'm gonna need to do A LOT more test sketches to piece everything together nicely. I'm a little stuck right now to be honest, so I'm just working on other small projects and will get back to it again in a few days. It's going to take a lot more work, but I'm excited!
Is anyone familair with Bioshock? What are your favorite things about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment