Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blueberry Microwave Muffins

***
HAPPY DECEMBER!

Due to extreme cold I'm bound to stay inside.Now normally, I love to bake during the winter. But I don't have an oven at my dad's! So I decided to try out this recipe for Blueberry Microwave Muffins...

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (MICROWAVE)
1 3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
3/4 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 c. blueberries

TOPPING:
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix dry ingredients. Beat eggs, oil and milk with a whisk and fold the mixture into the dry ingredients. Add blueberries, vanilla and lemon peel and mix just enough to wet the dry ingredients. Set cupcake papers in a microwave muffin holder, fill papers half full (or a little more); sprinkle with topping. Cook 5-6 muffins at a time for 2 1/2 minutes on full power. Yield 10-12 muffins. The topping gives a nice look to the muffins which don't really brown in the microwave.
...and this is how they turned out!
They look good, they smell good, but to be honest they taste kind of.. rubbery. I had to put lots of sugar and cinnamon on top of them after 'baking' them to make them fairly tasty. And they're really heavy on the stomach. My dad liked them though c: and I guess they're pretty good for something made in a microwave. Don't think I'll make them again though..

No comments:

Post a Comment