Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tea Tuesday #1

***
Welcome to the first edition of...
Tea Tuesday!

Starting this week, I'm going to look at, smell and of course taste new (or old favorite) tea! I'm a true tea addict and am always looking for new interesting ones (or just tasty ones, obviously) and so I thought it would be fun to share all my tea adventures (those are so exciting) with you and maybe even get others to drink more tea (if you don't already). 

Today's guest is... 
Lipton Infusion-Herbal Temptation Summer Fruits.


I picked this tea up because I'm not a big fan of black tea (with a few exceptions), but still wanted something with strawberries and such. And the packaging just looked very... tempting. Ha. It's a shame though that it's wrapped up so tightly that you can't smell anything at all. If you could I'm sure they'd be sold a lot more as the smell is absolutely mouthwatering. Bubblegum, strawberry ice cream, Campino's. The color the tea gives off it amazing too! As soon as the bag hit the water I suddenly had a cup filled with magical red and pink swirls. Omnomnom I couldn't wait to take my first sip!


Damn was I disappointed. I'm not saying it's all that bad but I feel like they put more effort into making it smell and looks great and got lazy once it came to the actual taste. It tastes like Bubblicious bubblegum you've been chewing on for too long and then decided to brew a tea out of it. Or boiled raspberry lemonade. I guess it's alright for a hot summer's day and you want something light yet fruity, maybe drink it with some real strawberries. Or just eat the strawberries and skip the tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment