Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Artist Feature: Charmaine Olivia

***
Charmaine Olivia
One of the awesome things about art school: getting introduced to tons of amazing and inspiring artists. This way I also found out about this extremely talented lady. I love her work so so so much, Her paintings have a very subtle touch of strangeness. Inspired by shipwrecks, pirates, bones, animals etc. she creates some truly magical and supernatural images.
What is a “typical” work day for you like?
*Try* and wake up at a reasonable hour / hit snooze like 34 times. Once i get to my studio my day is a combination of painting, emails, updating my facebook/twitter/tumblr/blog/instagram/etc etc etc, taking obsessive pictures of my jewelry, more painting, more iphone-ing, and lots of snacking. i'm like really snacky. I've also been playing some world of warcraft again ahahha. It's weirdly inspiring.


Check her out at her official website or her Tumblr!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! It's beautiful and weird, the weirdness totally makes it more beautiful.

    http://ittybittyampersand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete