Monday, October 10, 2011

Düsseldorf part 2

***
The first thing the cathedral of Cologne made me think of was The Hunchback of the Notre Dame. I had to suppress the urge to sing 'God Help the Outcasts' once I got inside.

Except for one floor the museum we went to that day was a bit meh.
Butterfly on a banana! Best flag ever.
DING POP ZIP!
Before this we went to the Anime Expo in Bonn! Unfortunately you weren't allowed to take pictures so I couldn't have a picture with the giant Totoro :c They had tons of original sketches, cosplay costumes, books to browse through and a fluffy pink room dedicated to Hentai (lol). I did manage to snatch a bunch of flyers with neat stickers in them.
Cutie Mei and badass Goku + Astro Boy
Chai Tea Latte break! <3
All the museum shops had some very pretty art books. But yeah, I'm pooooooor.
One of the last museums we went to didn't really make sense to me. It was an old coal mine and completely unrelated to all the stuff we had already seen. And a very random escalator that went up about 35 metres. We got there just when it opened and it felt like entering a space ship.
It was fun but honestly, coming home kinda was the best part.

xoxo

1 comment: