Monday, February 4, 2013

Stop thinking, start doing!

My brother's cat, just chillin'.
Last weekend I got out of town for a couple of days and it was the best decision I've made in a while. I got in a slight anxiety/existential crisis from spending too much time inside, in my room, being on my computer all day hardly accomplishing anything. I almost didn't go to this concert I had been looking forward to for months because I thought NOTHING would make me happy anymore and would only make things worse. Boy, was I wrong.
Still loving my studded plaid shirt from New Look.
My first day away I went to see Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes). It was absolutely amazing. I even loved the supporting act, Simon Felice (I'm hardly ever impressed by support acts..). It was a seated solo show, so it was mainly him singing and playing guitar, with sometimes some violin, piano or xylophone to go along with it. Seated concerts might just be my new favorite thing. No awkward standing for hours not knowing where to keep my arms and jumping around half assed to not seem like a total idiot!
Photo: Sander Rijken
The others days consisted of babysitting my baby nephew, going to the birthday of another nephew, having a bath again after 2 years, lots of cats and eating lots of delicious things.
Pim is not amused.

I also got some belated birthday presents! And they all just might be favorite. Can not wait to get started on that Haruki Murakami book. Been wanting to read it for ages! And the cats are a sketchbook, completely handmade by my friend Alette! Isn't it the cutest!?

I am definitely planning on going out more now in the form of little day trips to WHEREVER. Spending less time thinking about doing things and actually start doing them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the concert made you feel better. Sometimes it's really hard to go out and do stuff, but afterward you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice. Having baths is neccesary once in a while, they have relaxing benefits, next time use a bath bomb from Lush! Some are totally worth trying ^^ Ahh our dear Murakami, I should keep on reading his books.

    ps: that thing in the back of your self-portrait looks like a carrot haha (I just noticed I have a higher intelligence *sarcasm* XD)

    xoxo
    A.

    ReplyDelete