Friday, May 23, 2014

Bioshock tattoo progress

A little update on the progress of the Bioshock tattoo design I've been working on! It's been a lot (but fun) work so far, and I have quite a bit more ahead of me. At least the basic design is almost done, and my boyfriend is loving it so far!

Here's a look at my progress. I started with a rough sketch of where I wanted everything, and from there it was basically fine tuning all the elements that I thought were in the right place and adding stuff to fill it up and balance everything out. More than once the proportions were a disaster and I had to draw the same thing a few times over (The Songbird, Big Daddy and Little Sister for example..), but everything MUST be exactly right, especially since it's a tattoo design! You don't want to be walking around with a wonky looking character!

(click to enlarge)

And this is what it looks like right now! The paper got so dirty :P I have to work on some more details and then it's time for the linework, which I dread. I'm not the greatest at outlines and I'm still not sure how I'll transfer everything/what I will do the linework on. Kinda don't want to mess up the original.
On kind of a related note.. The other day we were playing around with paint with some friends and I started to freestyle paint a Murder of Crows tattoo on my boyfriend's arm! You can find it on the right in the tattoo design. I think it turned out pretty good :) and it made me all the more excited to (hopefully) see the actual tattoo on his arm someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment