Saturday, June 27, 2015

Currently Reading


Hi everyone! So I've always been a booklover. I have quite a nice collection back in the Netherlands, but unfortunately there are wayyy too many to move here in one go. However I did succeed in bringing out my boyfriend's inner book nerd so we're starting to create a nice little book collection ourselves here! We've been browsing the local bookstore and Kijiji on a regular basis and because of that I've been reading more than ever. I thought it would be fun to share some of my recent and current reads with you all.

Let's start with the three books that are on my 'to be read' list right now. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs I actually finished last night! I read the second book in the series 'Hollow City' before reading this one (because it was the only one they had at the store and I was too impatient). It was a great read that really teleports you to a completely different world. I do have to say that I liked the second book better. In the first book everything moves rather slow and not an aweful lot happens compared to the second one. The original vintage photographs in it are awesome though! 

The book in the middle is called 'Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times' by Emma Trevayne. We discovered it in the sale section and thought the cover looked really cool. It's a children's book, but I mostly read kid's and young adult books anyway because they're just that much more fun and relaxing to read :)'s All I know so far about this book is that it's about a fantastical steampunk London and I can't wait to start reading it!

And of course the third one is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I've already read all the books multiple times, but it's been a few years now and we fell in love with these new covers. We're slowly starting to collect them all. We already have the 1st, 2nd and 3rd book! This is definitely one of my favourite books (and movie) in the series and it's a lot of fun re-reading these books. Takes me back...

The next series is one we've been wanting to check out for a while now, so when we came across someone selling all of them for an amazing price we got them right away. The graphic novel series Locke and Key are in a bunch of top graphic novel lists and after reading them I surely understand why.
The story is written by one of my new favourite authors Joe Hill (Heartshaped Box, Horns..) and the amazing art is by Gabriel Rodriguez and it's basically about a family living in a haunted house that has a bunch of mysterious keys. It's the perfect mix of reality and fantasy, emotions and horror. If you're looking for a place to start when it comes to graphic novels, definitely pick up these babies.


What are you reading right now? Have you read or do you want to read anything from this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment