Monday, July 20, 2015

Woman Crush: Bettie Page

Bettie Page is someone I always heard a whole lot about, but never really looked into as much as I do with Marilyn Monroe or Dita von Teese. The other day I just randomly typed in her name on Pinterest while looking for inspiration and looking at her photographs instantly made me feel happy! She has such a beautiful, sexy and fun attitude and truly proofs she is the pin up queen! These pictures make me want to put on a bikini and dance to some rockabilly on the beach.


Apparently Bettie Page always did her own makeup and hair and made her own bikinis and costumes! She learned all this when she tried to imitate famous movie stars with her sister as a teenager. She got her famous Bettie bangs because her photographer suggested that she style her hair with bangs in front to keep light from reflecting off her high forehead when being photographed.

After looking at all these pictures I really want to get some clip-in bangs to experiment with. I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to get bettie bangs permanently (they might not even suit my face!) but it would be fun to try out some fake ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment