Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My 6 Favourite Youtubers

Today I thought I'd share some of my favourite youtubers with you! Youtube has always been one of my best friends (that sounds kinda sad but it's true!). It keeps me company when I'm working, doing beauty stuff or just feel all blah and uninspired. It's been my therapist, motivator and support. It has helped me learn new things about design, health and just.. life! I still remember when youtube just came out. I was amazed at what you could find on there (mostly emo music videos, anime and fanmade Harry Potter videos :P). ANYWAY, let's get to it!


Kiera Rose
I've been following Kiera for a while now. I started watching her videos when she was still Scarlet Saint and had bright turquoise hair! Thanks to her I've learned a lot about mental health and came to understand and identify my own mental health problems (social anxiety etc.). Her videos also helped me to accept myself just the way I am. She's such a kick ass lady with amazing style, her own little company and beautiful tattoos. I also think it's pretty cool she proposed to her boyfriend instead of waiting for him to take the plunge. All in all, Kiera is one of those people I never talked to or met in real life, but it feels like she's one of my best friends.


Cherry Dollface
Cherry is another youtuber who truly helped me to love myself and embrace who I am. She also helped me (and is still helping me) to dive more into the whole vintage/pinup culture and style. Another thing she taught me is to laugh at myself more, not take every little thing too seriously and that kindness is very important. The other day I sent her an email when she asked about places she should visit in Canada for her next makeup, hair & photoshoot tour with some recommendations (and begging her to come to Toronto!) and she actually replied to thank me! I might've squeeled and fangirled for a moment. The fact she actually took some time to reply and thank me really shows what a great person she is. I hope I'll get to meet her next year!!


Blogilates
Cassey Ho, the amazing lady who started Blogilates, is pretty much my work out buddy. I started doing her videos about 4/5 years ago and never looked back. Not only did I see big physical changes, most changes were actually mentally and spiritually. I'm a lot stronger and determined mentally now, am a lot more confident, and pilates has helped me so much with my anxiety. She truly believes that every body is beautiful. She admits her flaws. You're welcomed to the family no matter where you are on your fitness journey. She also educated me on clean and healthy eating and introduced me to the magic of 2 ingrediĆ«nt banana pancakes! Blogilates is the one hour of my day I always look forward to.


Bubzbeauty/vlogz
Lindy has a contagious positivity that always brightens my day! I especially enjoy watching her videos when I'm doing my nails or my stretches. I love getting a glimpse of her day to day life in her vlogs. Her baby is so adorable and the little captions she adds of what her son or dogs might be thinking always make me giggle.


PinupDollAshleyMarie
Another beautiful lady who introduced me to the wonderfulness of pinup style. Ashley Marie is so gorgeous and comes across as such a sweet yet fierce lady. Her hair skills are amazing and nails always on point. But she's also not afraid of showing her 'bare mug' and talk about loving yourself. Her style is also a big inspiration for me and I love the cute videos she makes with her boyfriend!


Vintagious
I found out about Vintagious only a little while ago while looking for a video showing some simple vintage hairstyles. Hers was in my opinion the greatest one. I love how down to earth she is and to the point in her tutorials. What also helps is that she has the same kind of hair as I do and it gave me hope that vintage styles are possible even when you have a big fuzzball on your head. Definitely go check her out if you want to start learning vintage hair and make up styles!

Do you follow any of these youtubers? Who else should I follow? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment