Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Little Things: Fancy Pyjamas & Silly Pandas

The past few days have been quite stressful. I feel like everyone around me is either stressed, going through some kind of depression or has relationship problems. Maybe it's because it's pretty much the end of summer? I have no idea. All I know is that my journal was constantly getting filled with worries and stress that even just picking it up made me anxious. I honestly feel like burning it, but I don't really have a suitable place to do so. ANYWAY, I've decided to snap out of this stressful mindset, buy myself a brand new journal (preferably the one mentioned underneath, but we'll see!) and get back in full swing with making gratitude lists, daily affirmations, working out, eating well, work on my art (draw, photograph etc.) and spin lots of records and have dance breaks all day. Here's a small gratitude list of the past few weeks!

Buying my very first maxi dress (honestly, it's like fancy pyjamas!)  hanging out on the lawns at a concert  finding strange caterpillars in the garden - the cutest Kate Spade journal  winning a $50 HMV giftcard  making silly panda videos for my boyfriend  seeing the (bright pink!) packaging I designed being mass produced  spinning records of Elvis and Uke Hunt  going for long walks  setting alarms for daily affirmations on my phone  going through old pictures of teenage me (and wondering where the time has gone!?)  re-reading The Prisoner of Azkaban before bed  delicious nectarines  browsing through the new Ikea catalogue! (probably one of my favourite passtimes)  our cat hilariously sliding off of a pile of cardboard boxes  banana bread - banana everything  watching Dutch teen series on youtube when I'm homesick  My dad telling me he's sending me Stroopwafels!


I also recently made a new illustration I'm pretty excited about :) Halloween + food is probably one of my all time favourite combinations when it comes to making illustrations! As usual, prints & lots more of this are available over at my Redbubble shop.

I've been keeping journals my whole life. My past two have both been gifts, but for some reason I can never fill up a gifted journal. It's weird. I have to actually go to a store and find the one. Once I do, my entries are usually a lot more positive, I write more often and always fill them all the way. Sorry about this boring journal talk.. It's just something I'm very passionate about! 

Do you keep a journal? What kind of journal do you use to write in?

No comments:

Post a Comment