Friday, August 21, 2015

Art I heART: part 1.


I feel like I've been out of the loop when it comes to (re)-discovering artists. While in school we often had to research new artists, but ever since I'm not in school anymore I got a little lazy! It's a good way to stay inspired and driven though, so I decided to start this little blog series where I share some of my current favourite artworks/artists! Some I'll have more to say about than others, but hey let's get started.

Neryl Walker
Neryl Walker is definitely one of my favourite recent discoveries! I adore her colourful and retro work. Hopefully one day one of her prints will be hanging in my home.

Soey Milk
I've always adored Soey Milk's dark and romantic paintings. I love how smooth and realistic her subjects are which she often surrounds with expressive brush strokes and an almost collage style technique.

I'm a sucker for anything pop culture and kawaii. I love the pin upy vibe of this piece AND of course the fact that there's donuts and purple hearts in it. What's not to love?

Little Demons of Inspiration by Simona Candini
I actually just discovered this artist yesterday! She has really cute doll like characters with lots of pop culture influence. Obviously the first thing I fell for was the blue/purple hair!

And again, the hair is what did it for me. This girl always makes the prettiest illustrations of alternative girls with rainbow hair.

This illustration just made me smile :) look at that tiny hat!

This girl kept popping up everywhere I went, so I had to check her out! I love how she created a whole new world of her own with whimsical characters.

Nenufar Girl by Ariana Perez
The bright pops of colour and obvious Japanese influences is what got me with this piece!

And last but not least, this adorable vintage looking pop artsy illustration of Minnie with a record player. I'm in love.. This guy has some really cool tattoo inspired work!

Hope this provided you with a new, fresh dose of inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment