Friday, November 20, 2015

APP: Bunny Free - Going cruelty free!

Hi everyone! Today I wanted to share something with you guys that I only just found out about. It's an app called Bunny Free
Bunny Free is basically a super handy app with which you can find out whether the product you're about to buy is cruelty free or not. It is a free app created by PETA and available for both iphone and android. Now, I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of PETA (because of some shocking articles I've read) but I still think this is a super handy app for when you're at the store and are not 100% sure of whether a product is cruelty free or not. There is even a barcode scanning option to make the process even faster!
It has only been a few weeks since I made the concious decision to start paying more attention to what I was buying. I saw this terrible article on animal testing and instantly felt guilty about owning things (and wearing it on my face) that were tested on these poor creatures. But once I had to get some new beauty products, I felt lost pretty fast and sometimes it took forever to find out whether something was cruelty free or not. I spend at least an hour in the story googling tons of brands I was interested in! 

Once I got home and did some more research I stumbled across this app and it has made my life so much easier. I just started using it so I'm not sure if everything it says is 100% correct or if it would be able to find all the products I (want to) use, but so far so good :) Now I definitely don't have an excuse to not buy cruelty free products.

Admittedly it can be difficult sometimes.. Especially now that I have to start replacing some of my products I've been using for so long that aren't cruelty free. But then I think about the poor animals getting stuff injected into them and just suck it up. The 'cruelty free world' can be confusing though. You've got to think about their 'sister companies' that DO test on animals, or they're cruelty free but there's still animals products in them like beeswax or lanolin (wool wax). You've got to make you're own decision as to where you draw the line. I do believe in the end all my research and pulling out my phone before I buy anything is worth it! 

I also love watching Kiera Rose's video's on cruelty free products/hauls. She always recommends some awesome stuff!

I'm not here to tell someone what they should or shouldn't buy, but maybe this app will help you to take the plunge as well! Once I'm a bit farther into the process I will definitely do a post about some of my favourite cruelty free products!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh this is really cool, I can't wait to try it! Also I hope to see you at the Kitschmas Party!

    ReplyDelete