Monday, January 25, 2016

Cute Claws: Blackheart Beauty Polish

For christmas I got some awesome new nail polish and I was dying to try them. What was keeping me from trying them was the fact I had to remove my glitter nail polish which is always a pain. I've tried so many tricks that are supposed to make it easier, but it still always ends in endless rubbing until it finally comes off. Yet, I'm glad I did it because I love these colours!
The brand of these nail polishes is Blackheart Beauty and it's available at Hot Topic. I always get so many compliments on my nails whenever I wear one of their colours. So far I only have 4, but they're definitely all in my favourites. The first one I tried was this shiny purple. It's one of my favourite purple polishes I've ever had. It's a perfect deep, cool toned purple with a super shiny finish (for me it's the shinier the better!). I only needed two layers to make it completely opaque. Even just one layer covers your nails well, but it was still a little patchy so I added another layer later one. As a base and top coat I used my favourite Sally Hansen base + top coat. A good base and top coat will prevent this polish (or any polish) from chipping. Whenever I use the coats I really just wait until the polish has 'grown out' until I remove it and do something else.
The only thing I don't like about Blackheart Beauty polishes is the brush. It's very thin which makes it very hard to get a clean, even application. But obviously you can always clean up after with a Q-tip dipped in some remover.
The other polish I got was this top coat with pink glitter that glows in the dark! I put it over a teal base colour from the Avon Speed Dry line. Please ignore my short nails.. I broke about 7 of them because of the cold and figured I'd just cut them all short :( It's cute and applies really nicely, and it DOES glow in the dark, but it's not really my colour. I really only tend to wear red, pinks, purples or nudes. But if you are into cooler colours, I definitely recommend this one!

Removing either one of the polishes was no problem at all and the wear was great (but again, use a proper base and top coat). I will definitely be wearing the purple often and save the glow in the dark one for special (dark) occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment