Monday, May 27, 2013

Art post: theater burger

Thank you guys SO MUCH for all the sweet reactions on my hair  It really means a lot to me! I still can't stop raving about it. Best thing I've done for myself in a long time :)
Anyway, school still goes on! I can't believe we only have a little more than one more month of classes left. Lots of stuff to get done, FUN STUFF, but it's a lot. Today I wanted to share some characters I've designed for my illustration class! They're supposed to represent various categories for an art event/competition for teenagers. Designing for an age like that is the worst, because it can't be too childish, but not too boring either.
Categories: language, fashion, dance, theater, music, movies, expo, DJ.
I have no idea why there is a theater burger in there (maybe because it rhymes?). I might have to change that one. Or not. I don't know. I have them in a couple of colorways, but I think I like this one best!

I'm starting to like illustrator way too much. Sometimes I hate it, because it's so much harder to make your work unique and personal when working digitally. But it's also just so much easier. Some people complain about 'characters' looking way too much alike these days, and I do think there's definitely a trend going on. But I like this trend and don't mind being a part of it. It's what people like right now, so better take advantage of it, right? I make what I like, and if you don't like it, then don't look at it! Or just dance around like you don't even care!

3 comments: