Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The official beginning of summer freedom!

Another school year done!! I don't know how I made it, but I did. Yesterday we had final presentations in an abnormally hot classroom, which isn't ideal when you're nervous and sweating up a storm because of that already. But we had ice cream!
My little corner with some of my favorite things I made this year.
Mini zombie and kitty, just chillin'

They hardly had any negative feedback at all and seemed very pleased going through all of my stuff. It's incredibly nice to hear people have really seen you grow as an artist after working so hard. I don't think I could've taken too much criticism anymore at this point! Your work being judged and graded all the time can be a very tiring and draining process, but I guess it pays off in the end!

And some random pictures...
OMG these biscuits. I could eat them all day long. They are mango flavored and simply the best thing ever.
I've been playing with my new phone way more than I should be. I do have to say that I think the camera on it is crappy. I'll just stick to my usual ones. I approve of my current lockscreen background though.
So now summer has officially started for me! This Friday I will be going to The Ardennes with most of my family for a week, which I am both excited and anxious about. I'm very attached to my usual routine, the food I eat, my exercise and my peace and quiet and it's going to be challenging to stick with that for a week when you're surrounded by others (of which 6 kids) all the time. 

Especially food and exercise are two things I know are going to be a problem. I feel like I'm always made fun of whenever I say I prefer eating mostly fruits and veggies and need to work out. Lots of people in my family can't imagine a dinner without potatoes or pasta or whatever and consider working out only as something for people who need to loose weight. But it energizes me and keeps me from feeling down and/or having unbearable anxiety. I'm gonna try..

I'm also planning on taking lots of (instax) pictures! And just enjoy the present moment as much as possible. I feel like I've been 'living for the future' for way too long now. Enjoying the here and now is still something I need to work on. Sounds like it's going to be one hell of a spiritual summer :P

No comments:

Post a Comment