Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Current Obsession: Making Badges!


When I saw this diy on Rookie on how to make your own awesome decoupage badges, I knew it was the thing for me! But impatience was the problem here. I couldn't find decoupage shapes to my liking anywhere and was too impatient to order them. BUT, a couple of days ago I found some really good and perfect decoupage hearts at a local store for cheap and brought two bags of them home with me right away n.n I'm now hooked on turning these little wooden hearts into awesome badges. The possibilities are endless!
I like my craft projects easyinexpensive and quick. I'm honestly a very impatient person and once a project (or anything really, a person, a pizza..) takes too long I either loose interest or throw a tantrum (or both). I know that patience can pay off in the end, but it's just not for me.
The pictures I used where either cut from magazines or from my clippings folder, but you can honestly print out anything and everything you want and put it on there. Which is exactly what I'm planning to do next. The only thing I couldn't find anywhere where the flat pinbacks, so I had to order those online.. ugh! But thankfully the company I ordered them was super fast and I could glue them to my first badge of hearts the next day!

My favorites right now are the three eyed cat (from a painting by Marion Peck) and the one with John Cusack and Ione Skye in Say Anything 


Badges action shot!
I figured these would make really cute presents too, so I'm planning on making some special ones for friends! If you're bored, go make some too c: maybe we can do a swap!



No comments:

Post a Comment