Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Stuff that's been going on!

Seeing Alkaline Trio live
Appropiate nail art + loving my new shirt!
It's still all a little unreal to me. I still can't believe that I've been that close to them, seen them with my very own eyes. Also: Matt Skiba is hilarious. I don't know. I just love everything about him. The way he talked about and impersonated the waving bear video, how he talked about how people who read are awesome and recommended us to read this book (on which the song 'The Torture Doctor' is based). His Twitter is awesome too. Maybe this sounds weird, but seeing them live just made me feel that much closer to them. It was such a small and cozy venue and everything was very laid back and fun. It could've been a bit more energetic, but hey, I'm not complaning. Happy times.

Going to Lowlands
Picture on the right by Fleur Bult for Olympus
I have just returned from this music festival called Lowlands and it was amazing. It pushed me out of my comfort zone very very much, which turned out to be exactly what I needed. Not only the live music/performances/iced teas were amazing, but also the entire atmosphere and hanging out with people my own age. That last thing has been lacking from my life for quite some time and I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things, but I felt like this helped a lot. I'm not quite there yet, but it's something.

Back to school
The only reason I am kind of excited for school to start again in about two weeks is because I can start taking the first steps with working on my exchange with MICA in Baltimore. I've been dreaming of this for ages (well, three years.) and I really hope I can make it happen. I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it.

Orange Is The New Black
So hooked on this show! Like so many other people. All I can say is: go watch it. Because I'm hopeless when it comes to describe why I like something a lot.
The story of Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling), a woman in her thirties who is sentenced to 15 months in prison after she is convicted of a decade old crime of transporting money for her drug dealing girlfriend (Laura Prepon).

I'm going to try and start blogging more frequently again. I have nothing planned for my last two weeks of summer. I have yet to visit the cat museum in Amsterdam, have a Hello Kitty high teavisit the only lolita store here in my country and finish watching Orange is the new Black, but that's about it. I hope I can do those things before my holiday is over! Anyone want to join me? 
Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment