Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Review: Playful Promises (NSFW)


'Playful Promises is a London designed lingerie brand, which mixes quirky, directional design with all things playful, flirty and even a little bit dirty.

We are here for sassy, stylish ladies, who love to shout 'I did it my way' along to Sinatra, followed by the Sex Pistols. The Playful Promise girl is crammed with confidence, will never take herself too seriously and lives to the full.'

A couple of weeks ago I probably won one of the best giveaways in my life: a goodie bag from lingerie brand Playful Promises! For their halloween contest you had to describe your ultimate, cheeky halloween outfit. I instantly envisioned an outfit inspired by Dita's Bird of Paradise with big red feather fans, a matching red lingerie set with nipple pasties, red lips, sparkling red heels, devil horns and some elbow length faux leather gloves. I even made a little collage to better envision my ideas..
About a week later a woke up to an email telling my I won! What a way to start the day! I got to tell them my preferred style of lingerie and of course my sizes. After that all I could do was anxiously wait and browse their website everyday, trying to guess what they might send me.

The package arrived really fast considering it had to travel from the UK to Canada. It only took about a week to get here. It arrived in a very neutral grey bag, so if you're a little uncomfortable with your mailman knowing you just got some super hot lingerie in the mail: no fear! There's no way of telling what's inside :)

Once you open the bag though, you can tell a lot of care has gone into wrapping your goodies. All the lingerie was wrapped in black tissue paper, topped with a ribbon and some pretty cards with discount codes for your next order.
The first thing that caught my eye when I opened the package was a little box! Inside was a pair of nipple pasties. They're cute red beaded hearts with tassles attached to them and appear to be of high quality. Very Dita Von Teese/Burlesque style!

 I also liked this little Jane Austen reference on the back of the box...
Next, of course: lingerie! I was blown away by their generosity. They sent me three sets of super pretty lingerie.The first one is this wine red with black lace set. I love the little black bows and charms on it!
Next is this super cheeky open cup bra and panty set. I absolutely adore the colour (one I would never have thought of myself!) and look at those big black bows!
And last but not least this really pretty set. It has a flower and snake print and a really nice fishnet style on the sides. Also loving the strappiness!
The fabric on all of these is really nice and luxurious and everything fits like a dream. You can tell a lot of care and attention has gone into the creation of these. I never really buy more pricey lingerie, but after experiencing the support and amazing fit of these I'm definitely willing to invest! I can't wait to put in another order with Playful Promises! Thank you so much Playful Promises for your generosity! Go to their website and treat yourself!











Even though I won the items in this post, Playful Promises didn't ask me in any way to write a review for them and this is nothing but my own honest opinion on the company and the items that were sent to me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for you kind words on my blog! I'm so happy you commented and led me to your blog too!
    I am such a sucker for lingerie (my daily job is at a lingerie boutique) these are so amazing and it's so awesome that you won!
    Maybe we will run into each other in Toronto sometime!

    ReplyDelete