Thursday, January 14, 2016

After All This Time? Always.


This morning I got a text from a friend saying 'Snape died'. I knew she hadn't read the Harry Potter book and only saw the first 4 movies, so I thought she only just found out about this and was shocked. So I replied with ' hahaha I know!', only to figure out seconds later she was talking about the actor Alan Rickman. My heart broke all over again like when it did when Snape died in the book. But this was real life, and I still can't really believe it.

We lost so many great names in such a short period of time. Lemmy, Bowie... but none of them hit me as hard as Alan Rickman's passing. Harry Potter has been, and still is such a huge part of my life. Snape is one of my favourite characters. Admittedly, as an 8 year old kid reading the books for the first time I hated Snape because I thought he was mean. But then the other books came out, I grew a little older and I found out about Snape's true story. His love for Lily always stuck with me. His loyalty, the hardship he's been through. He is such a major character in the series and I'm such it's been one of the most special roles Rickman has ever played. There is no other Snape. Rickman IS Snape.

Then of course he also has a small role in Love Actually. A movie that I've been watching multiple times around Christmas for years. I know he's been in plenty of other movies and such but these two are the major ones of me. Neither one of them will ever be the same again. Today was probably the first time I cried over a 'famous person's' death. The first time it left me feel empty. I don't think I will ever truly believe that he's not there anymore.

Tonight I'm planning on curling up on the couch, watch a Harry Potter movie and be thankful he got to be in all the movies. Be thankful that such an amazing actor was cast for Snape. He will truly be missed.
Rest in Peace Alan Rickman.


No comments:

Post a Comment