Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tropical Spaghetti

 ***
Recipe for Tropical Spaghetti!
Sad mango is sad.

When you think of spaghetti mango probably isn't the next thing that comes to mind, but trust me this is actually pretty good! Especially after a warm summer's day. I enjoy coming up with new recipes when I'm too lazy to go for groceries and I haven't got much to cook with either.

What you need for one serving is:
- about half a chicken breast
- one serving of spaghetti
- about 1/3 to 1/2 a mango, cut into pieces
- some cooking cream or cream cheese
- about a teaspoon of green pesto
- some honey
(I just did everything to my own taste so I don't exactly remember how much you need of everything, but I don't believe in exact measuring when it comes to cooking anyway)

Prepare the spaghetti in some salted water. Spice up the chickenbreast a bit with some salt and pepper and bake it in some oil. While doing so, mix the cream cheese/cooking cream (about a tablespoon), pesto and honey together. Drain the spaghetti, add the chicken, pesto/honey/cream mixture and the mango and heat it again for a bit. I think some chopped roasted cashew nuts or grated (goat)cheese would go nicely with it too, but try whatever you please!


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, klinkt heel bijzonder.
    maar 't ziet er wel lekker uit (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! Except for sad mango, sad mango looks sad.

    ReplyDelete