Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Belgium Roadtrip Summer 2013: PART 6

Another day in Ghent, another day with 30+ degrees celcius. Because of the heat, mom and I decided to check out some churches and cathedrals since it's nice and cool in there n.n We went to the really impressive St. Baafscathedral. There was a man playing beautiful music on a harp and for a moment it felt like I was in a fairy tale...
Gorgeous stained glass. The colors were even more beautiful in person.

After walking around, we just sat there for another half an hour to watch people and prepare ourselves for the crazy heat outside... Once we got outside, we came along a stand with so called 'Gentse Neuzen' (Ghent Noses?). It's special candy that you can only get in Ghent, and since I love candy I couldn't pass up trying them! They were actually pretty good! They were 'crunchy' on the outside but super gooey on the inside and has a raspberry kind of taste. Very very very sweet though. Normally I can't eat just piece of candy, but one of these was plenty.

After a simple lunch we came across this cupcake parlor called Julie's House and we decided we needed a lunch dessert! They had so many cute cupcakes.

My mom got a fresh summer fruits cake and I got a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting
I couldn't get over the cuteness of this cupcake. I mean, it has a marshmallow on top! And purple sprinkles! And it was delicious, too!

My mom's cake was delicious too c:
 After that we went to visit a castle and got on one of the boat tours (didn't get any pictures though). Before we knew it, it was dinner time and I decided it was time to look for a place I had been wanting to visit: Pink Flamingos.
Such a cool window display!
This place is amazing. They change the entire interior every three months, but the only thing that doesn't change is their chandelier made entirely out of barbies
(source)

For dinner we got a delicious home made chili con carne with tortilla chips. Super simple, super delicious.

Awesome poster I spotted inside
On our walk back to the hostel we randomly stumbled across the graffiti alley! So cool. This place would be perfect for photoshoots.







Before going back to the hostel, we checked out some live music one last time. But it was so hot, we simply had to leave before we would've melted away. (and tropical music gets so boring after a while..)

That was it for our days in Ghent! It was great, and definitely my favorite out of the three we visited.
Next up: Antwerp!

No comments:

Post a Comment